There will be major engineering works taking place on the Manchester Metrolink network over the weekend of Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th May, timed to coincide with the next planned easing of relaxations the following day. Most of the works will see rail replacement at Coronbrook but the chance will also be taken for other maintenance work elsewhere on the network.
All lines which usually operate through Cornbrook will be affected by the works. The following details have been released of changes:
- Eccles and MediaCityUK – full closure
- Trafford Park – full closure
- Altrincham – will only run Altrincham to Old Trafford
- East Didsbury – will only run East Didsbury to Firswood
- Airport – will only run Manchester Airport to Firswood
The information released doesn’t make it clear where those trams will usually run through Cornbrook from the other side of the city will be terminating. This will affect those from Ashton-under-Lyne and Rochdale Town Centre which will presumably terminate at either Deansgate-Castlefield, Piccadilly or Victoria. Bury line services will remain running into Piccadilly.
There will be replacement bus services running:
- Old Trafford to Piccadilly
- Chorlton to Victoria
- Eccles to Piccadilly
- The Trafford Centre to Deansgate-Castlefield