The main operating season for many heritage tramways across the British Isles may now be over but that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to enjoy a ride anywhere as there are still various locations which are continuing to run. Read on to find out more details.
Beamish – The Living Museum of the North
The tramway will operate its restricted service (Foulbridge to the Town via the Entrance and Pockerley) on all days the museum is open, subject to any operational constraints.
The museum is open as follows:
- Until 17th December: Wednesday to Sunday 1000-1600
- 18th December 2021 to 2nd January 2022: Daily (except Christmas Day and Boxing Day) 1000-1600
A timeslot ticket must be booked in advance of visiting. Details of how to do this are available at https://www.beamish.org.uk/plan-your-visit/.
Birkenhead – Wirral Heritage Tramway
Trams are due to resume operation again in the coming weeks. The Museum reopened at the end of October at weekends and driver training is now underway on the trams. When a re-opening date is announced we will bring you further details.
Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours
- Illumination Tours run every night until Monday 3rd January 2022 (with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day)
- Coastal and Promenade Tours run on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th November only
- The Magical Express Tour runs:
- 19th November to 12th December: Fridays 1730-2030, Saturdays 1300-2030, Sundays 1300-1900 every 30 minutes
- 17th December 2021 to 3rd January 2022: Every day 1300-2030 (with exception of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day)
- Fish and Chip Trams run every Friday until 26th November
- Ghost Tram runs every Friday until 19th November
All tours can be pre-booked online at https://blackpoolheritage.com/
East Anglia Transport Museum
- Open every Sunday until the end of November 1200-1630
- Ride the Lights takes place every Saturday and Sunday during December up to and including 19th December between 1400-1800
- Happy New Year 2022 – museum open 1st January 2022 between 1200 and 1630
Heaton Park Tramway
The main operating season is over although the tramway will run during the Lightopia event again (for Lightopia ticket holders)
Manx Electric Railway
Santa Trams are due to run during December – more details to follow
- The Polar Express Tram Ride takes place on selected date from 26th November to 24th Pre-booking required.
- 27th December 2021 to 2nd January 2022 – Yellow timetable will run with trams every 30 minutes between 1000 and 1600
Summerlee – Museum of Scottish Industrial Life
Museum remains open 7 days a week with timed tickets needed to visit. See https://www.culturenl.co.uk/covid-19/covid-19-summerlee/ for more details.
All information provided above is given in good faith. If a tramway is not listed they are not currently understood to be running any form of service. If you notice any errors or omissions please let us know.