Preparation for the return of works to construct the tramway in Edinburgh city centre have started with a number of traffic diversions put in place from 0500 on Saturday 7th January. The first stage of closures have been concentrated around St Andrew Square with roads on the eastern side closed to all traffic with it diverted along the western side, this will enable the recommencement of the much delayed utility diversion work before further
construction work can then be undertaken. A closure to Shandwick Place will follow next weekend.
This is the most comprehensive UK Tram and Light Rail News service anywhere. All the news carried on these pages is done so in good faith and is correct to the best of British Trams Online's knowledge. We are always on the look out for any additional news or indeed any corrections to news stories carried. If you can help with either of these please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful for those people who have given us permission to use their images and news on these pages. Opinions expressed on these pages are those of writer(s) and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of British Trams Online or any organisations we are associated with.
If posting comments to any news articles please read these guidelines which will help us to keep a harmonious community.
For our full news archive with UK tram and light rail news between September 2002 and November 2011 visit this page.
- Samuel on And then there were five! Citadis 220 arrives in Nottingham
- Andrew Waddington on Blackpool Railcoach 680 to run at Beamish!
- tram man on Metrolink fares to rise by average 4.2%
- Tommy Carr on Blackpool Railcoach 680 to run at Beamish!
- Mary on Blackpool Railcoach 680 to run at Beamish!
- Beamish Tramway
- Birkenhead Heritage Tramway
- Black Country Living Museum
- Blackpool Tramway
- Brighton Tram 53 Group
- Crich Tramway Village
- Docklands Light Railway
- Douglas Horse Tramway
- East Anglia Transport Museum
- Edinburgh Trams
- Fleetwood Heritage Leisure Trust
- Fylde Tramway Society
- Great Orme Tramway
- Heaton Park Tramway
- Ipswich Transport Museum
- Lancastrian Transport Trust
- Leeds Transport Historical Society
- Llandudno & Colwyn Bay Electric Railway Society
- London Tramlink
- Lost Trams
- Manchester Metrolink
- Manx Electric Railway
- Midland Metro
- North Eastern Electrical Transport Trust
- Nottingham Express Transit
- Picture in Time
- Preston Trampower
- Seaton Tramway
- Site News
- Snaefell Mountain Railway
- Southampton Tram Project
- Stagecoach Supertram
- Summerlee Heritage Park Tramway
- Support our Heritage Tramways
- Trams Up Close