In Pictures: Upper Douglas Tramway flywheel

A few weeks ago we reported on the plan to display a surviving flywheel from the Upper Douglas Tramway in the Bottleneck car park and this has now been put into place, including information panels on the significance of the artefact. This is the only surviving piece of machinery from the tramway which last operated in 1929 and was discovered in 2000 during excavation works.

The flywheel in place at the car park showing the size required in order to power the tramway between 1896 and 1929.

One of the information panels.

A second information panel is also provided. (All Photographs by Geoff Pickles)

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.