The next series of drop-in information events to inform local residents of the plans for phase two of Nottingham Express Transit are to take place in the run-up to Christmas it has been announced. Six sessions will take place at various locations on the route of the two new lines which are due to start operating in 2014.
The drop-in sessions will provide an opportunity for people to ask questions of members of the Council’s NET Project Team, Tramlink Nottingham, the concessionaire responsible for building and operating the extended tram network, and its contractor, the Taylor Woodrow Alstom Joint Venture.
All the events will take place between 1730 and 2000 as follows:
- Thursday 8th November: Queens Walk Community Centre, The Meadows
- Wednesday 14th November: The Nottingham Emmanuel School, Wilford and Compton Acres
- Thursday 22nd November: Dunkirk and Old Lenton Community Centre
- Wednesday 28th November: Clifton Cornerstone, Clifton
- Tuesday 4th December: Eskdale Junior School, Chilwell
- Thursday 13th December: Beeston Town Hall
Chris Deas, Nottingham City Council’s Project NET Phase Two Project Director, said: “These events are one of the ways people can get up to date information about the NET construction works. We hope as many people as possible come along and question us directly.”