Picture in Time: Great Orme Tramway 5 & 4

We are heading up the Great Orme in Llandudno for this edition of Picture in Time as we take a look at the two trams which have operated the lower section of the route ever since it opened in July 1902.

These two trams are of course 4 and 5 and we catch up with the pair on 14th July 2000. By this time the two had received the more ornate livery style and are seen as they pass on the passing loop with 5 ascending to Halfway and 4 on the descent to Victoria Station. The lower section originally opened to the public on 31st July 1902 with these two trams inaugurating the cable operated line – they weren’t to be joined by upper section sisters until July 1903.

Photograph by Tony Sullivan

This entry was posted in Great Orme Tramway. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.